Friday, January 1, 2010

Slow Shutter.

Last night, I decided to play with shutter speed to see if I could capture sparklers on New Year's Eve. This is the shutter speed set to a slow 80.

I love the sparklers, but with that my family was clearer in the shots. I have seen photographers take beautiful shots, with their subjects crystal clear. I think that they must have nicer cameras (that would not be difficult), and are able to set their cameras to much slower shutter speeds.

I will have to google it.


After having fun with that for quite awhile, I wanted to see if I could get some good, dark "manual" shots. (Because I despise the "Auto" feature, for the most part, with it's glaring flash.) So I set the shutter speed at it's fastest, 1600, and went for it--knowing that with the shutter speed that high, they would probably turn out grainy.

This one surprised me by turning out beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment